Friday, November 21, 2008

Tagged!

I was tagged by Jessica. Share 7 facts about yourself. Some random and some weird.

1. I hate socks and shoes! I much prefer to be barefoot. When I can't be barefoot and opt for sandles or flipflops. That obviously doesn't work well with Michiana winters, but I put off wearing "real" shoes until as late as possible.

2. I was a manager for sports team for 9 years! In middle school I tried out for the volleyball team, but got cut. My coach asked if I would be a manager and I agreed. So I was manager for volleyball and basketball in middle school. I also was the track announcer in middle school. Then in high school I was manager for volleyball and basketball and my freshman year I was the statistican/announcer whatever they wanted for track. I only did track one year so I could get my varsity blanket (you had to have 9 varsity letters and they agreed to give me a letter for that and since I was varsity manager for v-ball and b-ball, I got a varsity letter for those - 9 total). Then in college I was manager for basketball for 3 years. I would have managed my senior year, but I got married after my junior year and had to go to work while going to school, so there wasn't enough time.

3. I love to cook and bake. My family are my guinea pigs for new recipes. We normally have at least 3 new meals a week! I have 8 years of cookbooks and I continue to get a new cookbook a month (Quick Cooking & Taste of Home - they alternate months) so I have plenty to choose from.

4. Back in the day before kids, I played the piano. I have a piano that was graciously given to me by my parents several years ago, but I just can't seem to find the time to play. I can't play during nap time because the piano is too close to their rooms so that also rules out after they go to bed at night. If I attempt to play while they are awake, I have 4 little hands trying to "help" me!

5. I don't like to do dishes! I have a dishwasher and I try to use as many dishwasher safe dishes as possible, but I always end up with a lot of "hand wash only" dishes.

6. I have this weird obsession with typing. If I am a passenger in a vehicle and we go by a sign, I mentally type the sign. I find myself doing this while watching tv and other odd places. I have no idea where the obsession came from and it doens't seem to be leaving anytime soon! I guess I get good practice.

7. I enjoying sometimes helping with construction projects. I have helped with 4 roofs (yes I actually get on the roof). I have helped put siding on 2 houses.

I am now supposed to tag 7 other people. The only problem is I don't know anyone else who hasn't been tagged. Until I can think of someone, I'm not tagging!

3 comments:

Anitra said...

So, when are we coming to your house for dinner? :)

Love the typing fact. Very unique!

The Barnes said...

I am with Anitra- whats for dinner? I always get stuck in the same routine with the same meals. Three meals a week is impresive!

Addi said...

If Emily has a Webkinz...you would be great at the Lunch Letters game! :)

And I agree to the hating washing dishes!!