Sunday, November 9, 2008

Getting Better - Sort of

Well, I can't say that this week was a whole lot better than last week, but God gave me the patience to endure another week. Audrey I believe is completely over her ear infection. I for the most part am fine, though very tired!! Emily has a cold, I think. That's the hard part about being sick, you never know if what you have is contagious or not.

August on the other hand came home early Wednesday not feeling well and went straight to bed where he has remained except for our 2 trips to the doctor. Thursday morning he went to the doctor and was told he had severe strep throat and 2 minor ear infections. He has been in a lot of pain and the ibuprofen he was taking didn't even help. Saturday night the pain got so bad and he wasn't feeling the slightest bit better so we went to Med Point (thankfully Papa was able to come watch the girls and put them to bed). Thankfully there was no wait and we were seen immediately. I can only thank God for that. This doctor however did not agree with his prior diagnosis. Go figure! So either his ear infection and strep had gone away or our primary doctor was wrong. They did a strep test and flu test and those both came back negative. He feels that August just has a viral infection of some sort. He did prescribe some stronger pain reliever which I was able to get filled today and August has said it does help a lot. The doctor said he is contagious, so we've been washing our hands a lot and August has had to stay away from all of us, which is hard on all of us. I've spent the past 4 nights on the couch. I just can't risk getting sick!

I started getting worried this morning because I woke up and when I stood up I was really dizzy. I wasn't feeling the greatest this morning, but I seem to be fine now. August and I had already decided that if I get sick then we were going to have to call my mom and ask her to either come stay with us or come get the girls and take them to her house. Thankfully we haven't had to resort to that yet, though I know my mom would could help us out if I ask (and yes mom, I would ask if it comes to that!).

The girls and I were able to get out some this week. We went Wednesday to the library and for the girls to get flu shots. Emily made it very clear that she did not want a shot. I finally bribed her with a frosty if she was good. She did an excellent job and was able to get her frosty.

Saturday we were able to get out for a few hours to go to the Bethel Women's Basketball Alumni Game. I enjoyed seeing some old teammates and watching them play. The alumni lost, but they did a good job. Bethel also had in the other gym inflatables for the kids. Thank you Seth for taking Emily over there with you! I really appreciated it!! Coach Martinez was being recognized that night for being Alumni of the Year. I had hoped to go to the presentation, but with August being sick, I wasn't able to make it. Congrats Coach!

I'm hoping the sickness will leave our household very soon and I can get the house clean and sanitized for Audrey's birthday party on Saturday. I don't want to get either of our families sick. Thank you for all of your prayers. I wouldn't have been able to get thru another week without them!

3 comments:

Jeffrey and Tiffany said...

We will keep praying for you all to get better!!

The Barnes said...

I am glad to hear you are all doing a little better. I have been thinking and praying for you guys this week. Hopefully you will all be done with the sick bug for awhile!!

The Barnes said...

You have been tagged, check my blog:0