Sunday, November 2, 2008

Rough Week

Here's a long summary of my week!

Monday - I wake up at 5:00am feeling pretty good. A few sniffles and a little bit of a sore throat, but overall just fine. At 5:30 I head off to work for my 12 hour work day. By lunchtime it was quite clear that I was coming down with a cold. By the end of the day it was pretty much pointless to answer the phone because they wouldn't be able to hear me or understand me since I have no more voice. Work day is done so I go to the grocery for milk and some comfort food since I'm sick! I get home and Emily asks "Where is your voice?" Daddy and Emily decide it is best to head to the grocery and pick me up some orange juice. They come back with orange juice and some comfort food (I hadn't told them of my previous purchase of the evening!). Chips and cheese dip were hubby's choice and Emily had picked up Peanut M&M's. I don't think she understood they were for me because she kept asking when she could have some.

Tuesday - Still not feeling well, but I still have to take care of the girls. August comes home from work not feeling well and blaming me for getting him sick!

Wednesday - Audrey has a fever and I don't feel like going to library day, so we stay home.

Thursday - Fever continues

Friday - Fever continues. Emily at lunch time has this prayer "Help me to go to Halloween". Now, I'm not a fan of Halloween, so we don't go trick or treating, but who can resist a kid who prays that? She has been saying the last couple of weeks that she is going as a cheerleader, I'm presuming because her best friend at daycare is going as a cheerleader. I figured she can talk about it all she wants, but we just won't go. Well, of course now I'm feeling guilty. So after hubby comes home from work we decide we are going trick or treating. What to wear? Fortunately Audrey had an outfit that someone had given Emily for her first halloween. Emliy though? Well, I managed to pull together an outfit. As long as you have pom-poms, which we did, it doesn't really matter what you wear, does it? So, we pulled off a cheerleader outfit and best of all it didn't cost any money. It didn't really look like a cheerleader outfit, but Emily was happy and that is all that mattered.

Saturday - Hubby is gone allllll day working ND football game (did I mention it went into 4 overtimes?). Audrey's fever continues and the question becomes, to call the doctor or not?? I made up my mind when she started crying several times for no reason at all. My thought - ear infection. So, do I wait until Tuesday or call the doctor (can't go on Monday because I work). I decided to call the doctor. Lucky us - we have a pediatrician who has Saturday and Sunday morning hours for sick kids that can't wait until Monday. We've used this more than once! So we leave an hour before the appointment to make sure we get there on time since we have to drive thru the ND football traffic. Get there on time only to wait an hour at the doctor, though who can complain when they are seeing you on a Saturday? Verdict - ear infection, sore throat and something else I didn't catch. So we head to Walmart for her medicine. The wait - an hour and a half until the medicine can be picked up. Now, I'm not waiting that long with a sick kid at Walmart. So we head home. We head back after an hour and a half and pick up our medicine. I decided Audrey was not well enough to go to church on Sunday. So when hubby gets home we have to figure out our game plan since I was suppose to run computer. Hubby decides I get to stay home!

Sunday - Hubby goes to church, then to ND to work VB game, then to church for a meeting. Meanwhile the clocks got set back an hour last night, but what baby knows that? Especially a sick one. So Audrey is up earlier than normal and I want to know where is my promised extra hour of sleep? Of course today Audrey is acting like a sick child: crying and doesn't want to be held, doesn't want to sleep, doesn't want to play, runny nose, watery eyes, etc. It makes for a fun day and it seems like someone has set my clocks on slooooooow. Is today ever going to end?

I sure hope this next week is better!

3 comments:

The Barnes said...

Man oh Man Cindy!! What a week- your sick, the kids are sick so not fun! We will be praying for a speedy recovery for Audrey and for the rest of the family.

thegroves said...

awww! what a week! hang in there!

Jeffrey and Tiffany said...

Oh boy...maybe I don't want to have kids! I guess it is too late for that. I hope and pray that you all get better this week. Good luck at work today!