Yes, I know I have not blogged in some time. I enjoy reading everyone else's blogs but don't feel like I have much to say. Today is a different story though! I have posted most recently about Emily, so I thought I would share some about Audrey.
She is a very healthy and active 3 year old (soon to be 4). She loves to hang out with her big sis. In July she was diagnosed with Esotropia. It is a condition with her eyes that causes her not to see in 3D, plus she doesn't use her eyes together and also causes her eyes to be crossed. As a result of that, she now has bi-focal glasses. She has adjusted to the glasses really well.
We were fortunate to find a great place in St. Joe, MI that can help treat her using vision therapy. We have seen some progress since July, so that is a plus. We have been told to expect up to 9 months of therapy, which occurs twice a week. She has been doing well with the therapy, and again, fortunate that I am off two days a week, so I'm able to take her up to St. Joe for the therapy sessions.
One of the things she has had difficulty with was riding her bicycle. She just didn't have the coordination to ride. One of the things they work on in therapy is coordination. This summer she was staying at my parents house and we got a text after we had left, showing her riding her tricycle. Apparently the therapy sessions helped because she was riding her tricycle like a champ at their house. She came home the next week and showed us how she could ride and absoutely loved it! Today we entered her in the Apple Festival tricycle/bike competition. They had a 2-3 year old race. She absoutely loved it and her sister was a great cheerleader! See for yourself how well she did...
We were so thrilled with how well she did. She got 1st place!! She was one very excited child and even got her picture taken with one of the Apple Festival princesses.
We are looking forward to enjoying the actual Apple Festival next weekend. Hopefully the weather cooperates and we have nice weather.
Audrey has also been enjoying being a big kid. This month she started Cubbies in our Awana program at church. She loves learning her verses just like Emily does. She was super excited Wednesday because she finally earned her vest and "big book".
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I can NOT believe how big your girls are getting!!! Audrey is almost 4!! That just seems totally impossible. The girls are adorable! We miss you guys!
Post a Comment