Friday, August 7, 2009

Our Summer

I've not bothered to update our blog in a while, but here is what we have been up to. Start at the bottom to follow in chronological order.

Last week Audrey spent the week at Nana & Grandpa's so we tried to do spend some special one-on-one time with Emily. On Monday, Emily and I went to St. Joseph, MI to head to the beach. The beach was nice; however Emily could have cared less about the beach. She was more excited about the playset! We enjoyed our few hours there and then headed over to the ice cream shop. I hadn't been to Kilwin's in several years, but it was a tasty treat!


About a month ago we headed to the zoo for a morning outing. The only pictures I took were in the petting farm area. The girls enjoyed the hands on portion!


For our 4th of July party, Emily wanted to bring some food to the party, so August and her decided she would make and decorate cupcakes. She did a great job for her first time decorating cupcakes. August especially enjoyed them because they had a LOT of icing on them.

The middle of June the girls and I went to my parents for a long weekend. It was nice to get away and let someone else help take care of the girls. I did a lot of reading that weekend. While we were there, my sister invited us to watch one of her softball games. She plays for several local leagues. This particular night it was a co-ed league.


August saw where on one particular day, he could go fishing for free, so he decided to take the girls fishing with him. That was an interesting and SHORT experience! Audrey doesn't like to sit still for long and Emily didn't understand why she wasn't catching any fish. Remember - we were only there for like 10 minutes. Who catches fish in 10 minutes?? But, they had fun - I think :)


2 comments:

The Barnes said...

It is amazing how the summer has flown by. Sounds like you guys have been busy making great memories. I love the fishing story:)

Jeffrey and Tiffany said...

Looks like you guys have been busy! It was great to see you again while we were there but we did miss Emily. :( (And August) And I agree with Emily, if you can't catch a fish in 10 min it isn't worth it. :)