Thursday was wristband night, so Emily was able to ride whichever rides she wanted and as many times as she wanted. Finally at 9:30pm I told her it was time to go home! Poor Audrey was only able to sit and await her turn next year!! She was a good sport about it and very well behaved. Emily's favorite ride of the night was the Merry-Go-Round. I have no idea how many times she rode it, but it was a lot!

August thought it would be fun if he and Emily rode a ride together so he picked out the Spider. I really didn't think Emily would go for it, but surprisingly she said ok. She said afterwards her tummy hurt a little bit, but besides that she was fine. I even got in on the action at the end of the night as Emily all night had been saying she wanted to ride the Apples. This would be the Spinning Apples. Now, for those who know me well, I do not like rides, nevertheless ones that spin, but for Emily's sake I did it since August had already gone home with Audrey. I figured we would just sit in the apples and not spin them ourselves, but to my good fortune, there was a kid in our apple who liked to spin fast! I managed to be fine, I just couldn't look out of the apple, otherwise I would have been sick!!
To end our special night out, Emily and I went to the Apple Products tent and bought 2 of the apple shaped cookies with the big worms. We took those home and enjoyed them with August!
Last night they had fireworks so we all sat outside on the deck and watched them. This was Audrey's first time seeing fireworks as she slept thru the 4th of July ones. She seemed to enjoy watching them and wasn't scared by the loud noises. They have fireworks again tonight, so we are planning on all watching them again. It is so nice being able to sit on your front deck and watch fireworks!
3 comments:
It looks like you had a great time! The story about the spinning apples cracks me up. What an awesome mom you are to sacrifice for her. I cannot believe that the fireworks do not scare Audrey. My kids are always scared out of their minds.
What a great weekend for a festival, the weather was beautiful. Sounds like a blast. I had never heard of this festival until Adam and Mary were telling us how long that parade was- I don't think we could get Ethan to sit still that long. I am glad Audrey was good for you. We love fireworks- how fun to sit outside in your PJ's or whatever and not have to go very far.
I am so jealous! I wish we could have gone with you guys! I definitely would have ridden the rides with Emily!! I love spinning rides. Your kids are getting so big. Hopefully we will be in town for the hayride...and hopefully you guys will be there (Emily kept me warm last year!)
Post a Comment